BAHASA ALAY / SLANG

Untuk Blog kali ini, Izzy tulis special buat Andre (Dreclarksson) yg demen banget deh ama bahasa inggris, sekalian mempekaya vocabulary slang gue deh, and buat the others bloggers yg rela membagikan waktunya untuk mengintib Blog saya yg rancu ini, I said a lot of thank you for you.

Ini ada beberapa contoh slang yg izzy dapet dari www.kejut.com, soalnya aku sendiri juga masih nyari sumbernya nih, soalnya kampus gue yg sekarang di Ausie ini susah kalo' mau nyari buku bahasa Indonesia kwakakakak #abaikan. Dan kesulitan lainnya adalah, di ausie sendiri bahasa slang gak begitu eksis kayak di USA, disini soalnya English nya British banget dah….

Oke, langsung aja deh, to the poin aja yang bahasa slang ala Indo nya Tunjep Poin aj, lest cek this out

deh

  • How about ...

    Coba dulu deh = How about trying it first?
    Lanjutin besok lagi deh = How about continuing it tommorow?
  • I think ... / I decide ...

    Mau yang mana? ~ Yang biru deh = Which one do you want? ~ I think I'll choose the blue one.
    Aku pergi deh = I think I'm going now / Better if I go.

dong

  • indeed / of course / You should have known that ...

    Kamu dapet kue gratis juga? Dapet dong = Did you get the free cake? Of course I got it.
    Suka yang mana? (choosing a girl) ~ Yang itu dong = Which one do you like? ~ Of course him/her (I think you think the same too)
  • soften a prohibition or command

    Jangan keras-keras dong (lagunya) = Don't set it so loud please (the music)
    Eh, kertasnya masukin semua dong = Hey, please insert all the paper!

eh

  • Hey (requesting attention)

    Eh, sini sebentar = Hey, come here for a minute!
  • Correcting incorrectly spoken words / "I mean"

    Tadi kan aku kasih kamu dua ratus, eh dua ribu? = Didn't I give you two hundred... I mean two thousand?
  • By the way (changing topic)

    Eh, inget ga tempat ini? = By the way, do you remember this place?

kan

  • Isn't it (question tag to assert)

    Dia yang namanya Adi kan? = He is the one called Adi, right?
    Bagus kan? = Good, isn't it?
  • Didn't you remember that ...

    Hah, dia mau datang? ~ Kan mu yang bilang, masa lupa? = Heh, he is coming? ~ Wasn't it you who said it to me, how can you forget?
  • Because

    Kenapa ga masukin kulkas aja? ~ Mana cukup, kan kulkasnya kecil = Why don't you put it in the fridge? ~ It's not enough, because the fridge is small.

ko / kok

  • Why (asking) / I wonder why (just expresses wonder)

    Ko kamu telat? = Why are you late?
    Ko bisa dia dipukul papanya, aneh = I wonder why he is attacked by his father, it's strange.
  • Actually ... (denying assumption)

    Makan di sana enak ga? Aku ga pernah ke sana ko = Is it nice to eat there? Actually I haven't been there (I don't know)
    Tiap hari aku tidur 8 jam, lama yah ~ Aku juga ko = I sleep 8 hours every day, it's long isn't it? ~ Actually me too (I think that's not too long)

loh / lho / lo

  • expressing surprise after hearing something

    Loh, katanya ga mau ikut? ~ Pikir-pikir pengen juga = What? Didn't you say that you didn't want to join us? ~ After thinking, I became more interested.
    Aku bolos aja deh ~ Loh, kenapa? = I think I will skip (the lecture) (for now) ~ What?! Why is it?
  • You know? / I'll let you know that ...

    Ikut dong, Adi aja ikut loh = Please join us, even Adi joined us, you know?
    Jangan main api, nanti kebakar loh = Don't play with fire, you may be burned, you know?
  • asserting / making sure

    Datang loh ke ultah Adi! = Don't forget to come to Adi's birthday party.
    Ingat loh pesan saya! = Make sure you remember my advice.

nih

  • comes from "ini" meaning "this", indicating something related to here / current time

    Cape nih = I'm tired (now)
    Besok aja bikin kalimatnya, lagi sibuk nih = How if we make the sentences tomorrow, since I'm busy (now)
  • Are you really ... ?

    Udah mau pergi nih? = Are you really going now?
  • emphasizes the subject

    Adi nih yang masak = The one who cooks is Adi, you know?

sih

  • I wonder ... (sometimes need answer, sometimes not)

    Tadi Pak Adi ngomong apa sih? = I wonder what Pak Adi said just now.
    Berapa sih harganya? = I wonder how much the price is.
  • expressing annoyance

    Sebetulnya kamu lagi apa sih? = What are you EXACTLY doing?
    Kenapa sih selalu telat? = Why are you always late?
  • Because

    Kamu sih datangnya lama, jadi semua telat = Because you came up late, everybody become late.
    Aku sedih, kamu jahat sih = I'm sad, because you are evil.
  • selecting something different than the others

    Karyawan di sana bodo-bodo yah? ~ Adi sih pinter, ... = All staffs there are stupid, aren't they? ~ (All are stupid, except) Adi (which is) smart.
  • But (sometimes the sentence stops there)

    Semua soal bisa? ~ Bisa sih, cuma ada 1 yang ga = Did you successfully do all the questions? Yes I did, but there is one that I didn't.
    Bisa main gitar? Bisa sih... = Can you play guitar? I can, but...

tuh

  • See that! (I don't want to do anything about it from now)

    Makan tuh kuenya = Eat the cake (I don't want to eat anymore)
    Kamu tuh kerjanya tidur melulu = All you do is sleeping (I'm annoyed)

ya / yah

  • Isn't it (question tag, wondering)

    Tadi itu Adi ya? = The one (you met) just now was Adi, wasn't it?
    Rapatnya mulai jam 8 ya? = The meeting starts at 8, isn't it?
  • either .. or .. (if coupled with "kalau tidak" / "kalo ga")

    Aku pasti bawa sesuatu. Kalo ga sabun ya sampo = I will bring something. Either soap or shampoo.
    Kalo ga dimakan singa, ya digigit ular = You will be either eaten by a lion or bitten by a snake.
  • then (used with "kalau (tidak)" / "kalo (ga)")

    Kalo ga bisa tidur ya baca buku telepon = If you cannot sleep, (then) read the telephone directory.
    Kalo bisa bawa catatan, kalo ga ya gapapa (tidak apa-apa) = If you can, bring a notepad, but if cannot it's okay.
    Kalo tetep mau antri ya silakan saja = If you still want to queue, it's okay with me.
  • expressing dissatisfaction (in front of sentence)

    Yah, Juventus kalah lagi = Sadly, Juventus is again lost.
    Yah, kamu sih = It's because of you, you know? (softly)

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post